Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Last Post

Well, not really. There must be at least one more blog in us before we hit Brisbane. That just seemed like another good banner for blowing our own trumpets. Nevertheless, the end of the road is in sight.

The road to Julia Creek


It is probably just as well – there are only so many literary devices I can use as an excuse to show yet another photo of me jumping into water...

Little Crystal Creek


… or Jean standing somewhere nice wearing a big hat.

Waiting for Frodo – Little Crystal Creek



Spice it up a bit, I hear you saying – can't you get attacked by dinosaurs or something more exciting than just more waterfalls and fish.

Big Head Falls – Townsville
Jean's mum used to say that there were plenty more of these in the sea - Hughenden

But dinosaur attacks are rarer than you'd think...

Hughenden

unless you've had a few – in which case they are waiting on every corner.

Hughenden Hotel


In fact, strange occurrences like that are just not that strange when you are in North Queensland.

Cassowaries beware – Mission Beach

What frog? - Tully


But in the end, give or take the odd frog in the loo or gecko on the ceiling, North Queensland is pretty well just the same old same old, day in, day out...

The daily commute – Mission Beach

Dunk Island from Mission Beach



See ya.

































1 comment:

  1. I Still Call Australia Home lyrics
    I've been to cities that never close down
    From New York to Rio and old London town
    But no matter how far or how wide I roam
    I still call Australia home

    I'm always traveling, I love being free
    And so I keep leaving the sun and the sea
    But my heart lies waiting over the foam
    I still call Australia home

    All the sons and daughters spinning 'round the world
    Away from their family and friends
    But as the world gets older and colder
    It's good to know where your journey ends

    And someday we'll all be together once more
    When all of the ships come back to the shore
    I'll realize something I've always known
    I still call Australia home

    But no matter how far or wide I roam
    I still call Australia, I still call Australia, I still call Australia home
    But no matter how far or wide I roam
    I still call Australia, I still call Australia, I still call Australia home

    ReplyDelete