Monday, July 25, 2011

Stop Press: Broome still den of danger and intrigue!!!

Actually the Den of danger and intrigue is this guy...

Den shows the sort of style you can achieve if you cut your own hair for Christmas

     ...but nonetheless I must report that my tidal observations were interrupted today when 3 marked and 1 unmarked police car came rolling on to the beach in front of me and started talking at length to a couple and their toddler.

More murderers? Smugglers? I must admit the unmarked car threw me until I saw another ute pull up beside them with a cage on the back.

CROCODILE!!!!


Less exciting than it sounds really - despite the beach being closed and cars and a boat patrolling all the day the only thing anyone saw after the initial sighting was some dolphins doing some great crocodile impressions. All hopes of a crocodile versus dolphin showdown died away pretty fast although the dolphins did seem to be competing with several boobies (boobies being a sort of bird that dives down quite spectacularly in the quest for fish as opposed to those dangerous white pointers that inhabit the beach north of the rocks).

Stay tuned for what the tide may bring tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I hear the train a comin'
    It's rolling round the bend
    And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when,
    I'm stuck in Folsom prison, and time keeps draggin' on
    But that train keeps a rollin' on down to San Antone..
    When I was just a baby my mama told me. Son,
    Always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns.
    But I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die
    When I hear that whistle blowing, I hang my head and cry..

    Soooey!

    I bet there's rich folks eating from a fancy dining car
    They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars.
    Well I know I had it coming, I know I can't be free
    But those people keep a movin'
    And that's what tortures me...

    Well if they freed me from this prison,
    If that railroad train was mine
    I bet I'd move it on a little farther down the line
    Far from Folsom prison, that's where I want to stay
    And I'd let that lonesome whistle blow my blues away.....

    ReplyDelete